Free download of the PCO License Application pack. If you meet the requirements for being a PCO License holder in London then please click on the link to download the main PCO Licence Application Forms (Both the PHV203 The Application Form, the PHV204 The Medical Declaration Form, with guidance notes)
Please also visit our sister website at www.pco-licence.com
Click Here To Download the PCO Licence Application Pack PHV/203 & PHV/204
In 2015 the PCO License Application procedure will be once again be subject to changes. Rest assured we are London’s Experts and will ensure our services continue to meet all the latest changes.
Fast Track your your PCO License Application and get Licensed within 3 to 6 weeks. Please click here and read about our Platinum Package.
What will I get sent in the PCO License application pack?
If you request a PCO Licence Application Pack, once it arrives you will find the following:
- Envelope – This is to send your forms back but also has a handy checklist on the back make sure you’ve included all the right forms before you pop them in the post.
- PHV/203– This is the actual application form.
- PHV/204 – This is the Medical Declaration form which needs to be initially completed by you and then completed and stamped by a GP when you have your medical check. Please see our Packages page for further info. We have TfL approved GP’s and can get your PCO Medical Check + Eye Test done onsight.
- Payment details –The outlines the fees and payment methods for your application.
- Topographical Test Information Sheet– This details what you need to do for your topographical test. We provide full training and testing at a flat rate of £50 with a 100% Pass rate.
- Post Office ‘Check and Send’ Service – If you’re sending your application from a post office in the Greater London Area then you can pay £7.50 at the desk and they will check over your application. PLEASE NOTE: The Post Office do not work for TfL and do not know all the Licensing rules/requirements . This can result in processing delays. However, if you wish to Fast Track your application and make sure it’s 100% correct please give us a call on 020 8214 1055. We can get you licensed within 3 to 6 weeks.
- DBS Disclosure Form – This must be completed and will detail any criminal convictions you may have which could affect your application for the PCO License. You can make a paper application or make the application partly online and partly at the Post Office. Once again, we provide full support and assistance in this area too. Just call and ask for our Platinum Package.
What needs to be sent back to TfL?
Here’s a general list of things you’ll be required to send:
- PCO License application form (PHV/203) including your DBS reference number.
- Medical form (PHV/204) signed and stamped by a GP (doctor)
- Application Fee ( £250)
- A photocopy of your DVLA driving licence or EEA driving licence and GB counterpart
- A photocopy of your passport or other proof to show you have the right to live and work in the UK (Dependant on your Passport type)
- A photocopy of the certificate showing you have passed the topographical test
- Passport photograph for your new license
How long does it take to get my PCO License?
If you have sent your PCO License application to TfL remember, it can take up to 16 weeks for it to be processed and it’s worth noting that renewal applications are always processed before the existing license expires so there is no definite timescale to how long it takes. Just make sure that you’ve completed the forms as best as you can so that there are no hold-ups just because you didn’t fill in part of a form. Other delays can be put down to the wait for your DBS Check as it’s not only minicab drivers who need to be checked, but teachers, nurses, etc.
Why not opt for our professional services? We can complete your entire PCO Application Forms, Fast Track it, arrange for your PCO Medical Check, get you passed on the Topographical Test and do your DBS check all in one day! Please call 020 3780 1055 and ask for our Platinum Package.
Where are my PCO License application forms? Where is my license?
If you have waited 10 working days and still not received your PCO License application forms or if you sent your completed forms off months ago and want to keep track and know how your License application is proceeding then please contact Transport for London using the details below:
Telephone: 0343 222 4444 (08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday except Bank Holidays)
Fax: 020 3054 3160
If you opted for our Platinum Package, we take care of everything. Just give us a call on 020 8214 1055 and we’ll update you.
What happens if my PCO License application is refused?
If you have met all the PCO licensing requirements, and completed your application form correctly, you will hopefully soon be the recipient of your PCO license, but if this is not the case and your application is refused then you will be informed of this in writing by Transport for London (TfL) and the letter will include:
- Confirmation that your license application has been refused.
- The reason for the refusal.
- Your right to appeal the decision which includes what you need to do to appeal and the time in which you have to do it.
You may simply have filled in your application form incorrectly but it could also be something more serious like something showing up on your DBS Check. Read through the reason(s) for the refusal and if you think you think this is the wrong decision then make sure you use your right of appeal, and make sure you do this as soon as possible.
All applicants coming though our doors will be fully advised prior to submitting their application if they are likely to get a PCO Licence or not. Speak To London’s Experts!
Refund of license application fees
If the refusal is upheld then you will only get a refund for the portion of your fee relating the to the ‘grant of license’ which is £100 of the total £250 as the application fee and the DBS fees are non-refundable.
Want to know more?
All the information you need to complete your PCO license application is on this website so please explore the rest of the site using the menu at the top of this page. Alternatively, pick up the phone and give us a call 020 3780 1055